The MoFlo (Dako Colorado, Inc.) is configured with:
- iCyt 200S Laser System laser, tuned to 488 nm excitation with variable power;
- A solid state red laser tuned to 635 nm excitation.
- forward and side scatter detectors plus 7 color analysis PMTs;
- 1, 2 or 4 -way cell sorting at a rate of up to 70,000 cells per second (cps)
- A CyClone, a robotic arm to directly deposit sorted cells onto microscope slides or dispense sorted cells into the wells of microplates;
- A Smart Sampler loading platform that accepts a wide variety of the most commonly used tube formats; including 0.5 ml microcentrifuge, 1.5 ml microcentrifuge, 5 ml round bottom, 15 ml conical and 50 ml conical;
- A cytoshield aerosol filtration system to protect the operator from hazardous aerosols
- A circulating water bath which can be adjusted to any temperature for the sorting sample and recovery tubes.